The City of Piperton wants to reassure its citizens that it is staying updated on the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and associated best-practice procedures recommended to mitigate its spread. In an effort to do its part to protect the health and safety of its residents and employees, all City of Piperton facilities will be closed to public walk-ins until further notice, starting at 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 19th. As we are all in a very fluid situation with events and circumstances seemingly changing by the hour, the City will evaluate the need to continue facility closures on a weekly basis. Updates and changes will be posted at City facilities and on the City of Piperton website: www.pipertontn.com.
City staff will continue to provide all municipal services, but will transition to an environment designed to limit face-to-face interaction. City service requests will be available online, by email, by phone and through limited in-person appointments when necessary.
The City encourages residents and patrons to pay bills through alternative methods instead of in-person and cash transactions to ensure everyone’s safety. Options for bill payment are as follows:
Bank Draft (Utilities Only) -
You may sign up to have your utility bill drafted from your bank account on the bill’s due date. This service is offered at no charge to City residents. Account statements will be sent to you confirming utility usage and payment confirmation. For easy setup, contact the Piperton Water Department at 901-853-4830 x1.
For utilities, visit https://www.nexbillpay.net/pipertonwater.
For traffic, visit https://paymentsolutions.lexisnexis.com/pc/tn/city/piperton/municipalcourt. There is a convenience fee charged by the third-party providers for this service.
Check or Money Order -
Pay your bill by mail or at the City’s drop box location:
Utilities & Tax Payments:
- By mail: P.O. Box 328, Piperton, TN, 38017
- 24-hour drop box: City Administration office at 3725 Highway 196, Suite B
- By mail: 3575 Highway 196, Piperton, TN 38017
- 24-hour drop box: City Hall at 3575 Highway 196, Piperton, TN 38017
Drive-Thru Window (Utilities Only)
- Located at the Bank of Fayette County on the corner of Highway 57 and Highway 196. The drive thru is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Friday, and 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Saturday. Closed all holidays. A $3.00 convenience fee applies if you are not a bank customer.
In order to keep informed of the facts surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, please utilize credible sources such as the Shelby County Health Department, the Tennessee Department of Health, the World Health Organization (WHO), and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).