Bulk Waste and Debris Pick-up
The City of Piperton will provide curbside bulk waste and debris pick-up with no charge of service to residents. Commercial business and tree services will continue to be responsible for hauling away their own rubbish material.
Please view the information below to learn more about the City of Piperton’s Bulk Waste and Debris Pick-up guidelines.
- Bulk items should be placed in front of the residence separate from standard household waste collection receptacles and away from any obstructions including mailboxes, fire hydrants, utility poles, trees, etc.
- Items should NOT be placed in the gutter or over any type of stormwater inlet.
- Do not place items under power lines or trees.
- Make sure vehicles are not blocking access to bulk waste items.
- Trees and limbs should be no larger than 8 feet long and 12 inches in diameter. Limbs must be in neatly stacked piles. *Limbs MUST be in a pile by themselves - no lumber, no landscaping timbers*
- Contractor-related tree cutting/construction debris shall be removed and disposed of by the contractor, privately. The City of Piperton will not collect waste generated from a contracted service.
- Appliances containing refrigerants should be decommissioned prior to collection. The City will not collect dirt, shingles, concrete/brick, or hazardous materials (gasoline, paints, solvents, cleaners, pesticides, chlorine, batteries, e-waste, etc.).
- Curbside pickup of bulk waste can be scheduled by calling the City of Piperton Public Works Department at 901-221-7806. The pick-up must be requested and scheduled by Wednesday morning of the pick-up week.
- Brush pick-up will be provided every other Thursday starting October 26, 2023. Bulk Household Waste pick-up will be provided monthly on the third Thursday of the Month starting November 16, 2023.
- Bulk waste must be at the curb by 7:00 a.m.
- Weather can be a factor when it comes to pick-up. If inclement weather delays pick-up, all scheduled pick-ups will be performed on the next weekday or the following Monday.
If you have any questions, please contact the City of Piperton Public Works Department at 901-221-7806.