The mission of the Piperton Municipal Court is to seek justice and inspire public trust while providing fair, impartial judicial process in a timely and efficient manner. Also, to maintain appropriate resolutions of Piperton Municipal Code violations in an efficient, knowledgeable, and respectful manner committed to the community and victim safety, offender accountability, and the promotion of sound behavior.
We are here to serve and assist you. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call, write, or email us.
- No weapons are allowed.
- All persons, bags, and packages are subject to search.
- Do not stand or talk in the courtroom unless addressing the court or other court personnel.
- Speak quietly in the lobby while court is in session.
- All cell phones, pagers, radios or other electronic devices must be turned off.
- No texting is allowed inside the courtroom.
- No drinking, eating, or chewing gum is allowed in the courtroom or lobby area.
- Do not approach the judge's bench without being summoned.
- When addressing the court, your hands must remain outside your pockets and down at your side.
All traffic related offenses and city code violations are handled in Piperton Municipal Court. Most traffic citations can be handled prior to court.
Contested Traffic Citations
You may appear in court to have your case heard before a prosecutor. You can enter a plea of guilty or not guilty at that time. You may also request a trial with the judge. A prosecutor/judge may dismiss a traffic citation with or without court costs. Any citation that is dismissed by the prosecutor/judge will not appear on your motor vehicle record. All court costs and fines are expected to be paid on your court date.
Uncontested Traffic Citations
If you do not wish to contest a traffic citation, you may pay your citation before the court date in person at the Court Clerk's Office during regular business hours.
There are 3 methods of payment you can use to pay your citation:
- You can pay in person at the Court Clerk's Office during regular business hours.
- You can mail your payment to:
Piperton Municipal Court
3575 Highway 196 S
Piperton, TN 38017-5227
- You can pay your traffic citation online.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
- Cash (in person only; do not mail cash payment)
- Credit Card (includes convenience fee)
- Debit Card (includes convenience fee)
- Personal check, cashier's check, or money order, made payable to Piperton Municipal Court (there will be a $30 fee for a returned check)
When Making a Payment
- Please enclose a copy of the citation with your payment.
- Please write the citation number on your check or money order to assure proper credit is applied.
Vehicle Crash Report
A copy of a vehicle crash report can be purchased online.
Mandatory Court Appearance
Your appearance in court is mandatory if the officer designated or wrote "Mandatory Court Appearance" on your citation.
Failure to Appear
Failure to appear in court or failure to pay a traffic citation will result in further legal action, including the following:
- The court will take a judgment against you and assess additional court costs, fees, and taxes.
- The Tennessee Department of Safety will be notified to initiate suspension of your driver's license for failure to satisfy your traffic citation.
- Your citation will be turned over to a collection agency wherein you will be liable for collection fees.
- The court collection action will be listed on your credit report.